Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I don't make up these statistics


The English teacher in me is always nagging, "cite your sources." So, for anyone skeptical about my claims about the weather, see this news story. The most exciting facts are that 1) it was the 3rd wettest month recorded, and 2) it was overcast 30/31 days.

Even Stella is looking a little droopy and depressed.

I'm feeling a little depressed because I just graded a head-thumpingly bad paper. My students may think I enjoy giving them lousy grades, but they're wrong - it makes me sad, and then it makes me reach for the brandy.

I'm now going to give up on grading and watch the re-run of Project Runway while working on the Crofter's Pullover. Or my cable square. Or Carpathian Black Roses. Or a hat, since complicated projects aren't so compatible with that brandy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Aww, my very first comment! Thanks, Elaine.

The sad thing is that we DO take the dogs to play in the mud, each and every day. But they're happier when it's not raining.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home