Monday, February 06, 2006

Monday knitting with Nancy

Fortunate soul that I am, I don't have to actually GO to work on Monday.
I (as usual) had virtuous plans for the day, involving tackling the mountains of grading. But instead I let Nancy persuade me to go to Village Yarn and Tea with her so she could finalize her decision about her Olympic knitting project. She's settled on the Embossed Leaves socks from the Winter IK. Inspired by Rose-Kim Knits, she's using Rowan Cashsoft in a lovely, glowing green (Lime, I think, which is an unusually restrained and descriptive name for a Rowan yarn).

It's possible that I bought more sock yarn while I was there.

We spent a pleasant hour knitting, drinking tea, and eating crackers and blue cheese after our outing. I made more progress on the ongoing baby sweater gift project. I also (after Nancy left) spun up somemore of my homely handpainted roving. I think I sort of love it, even if it is a little odd. I'm not in a position to throw stones.

As Elaine pointed out in yesterday's comments, the weather is (gasp!) good this week. I got dog park duty this morning (before Nancy diverted me). It was a fabulous morning, with many of the girls' favorite dog friends. Dalmatians are wonderful; they actually wear out Stella. I enjoyed a mild sense of moral superiority as I nonchalantly commented to the fair weather dog owners that the mud had dried up.

Trent made pizza for dinner tonight. Fontina and oil-cured olives are a yummy combination. I managed to wade through enough papers while he was cooking that I don't feel completely ashamed. I can face the students tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I don't really have a backyard. I live in a townhouse, with a wee courtyard, and two Australian Cattle Dogs (of rather uncertain heritage). They're energetic, and they're smart. I'm afraid that if I don't take them to the dog park, they'll do something like rewire the television to get even.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That worked!

I am such a weeny, I have cats. We never have to go outdoors at all. I also have a kid, so that kind of makes up for it.

How is the Cashsoft? I made a shawl with the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino and it pilled up horribly and immediately. It's very soft, but UGLY. Now I'm gunshy.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home