Thursday, February 09, 2006

Gah

So...tired... I teach a writing class from 6-10 on Thursday nights. It's a 35 minute drive home. It's late in the term. The students are glassy eyed, and so am I.

Looking around knitting blogdom today, it looks like I'm not the only one who was really praying the week would mysteriously lose a day.

I just marshalled my flagging energy to round up supplies so I'm ready to head to Nancy's tomorrow night for cast on. I had a crisis because I couldn't find the size 4 needle I need for the ribbing. Three size 5 circs? Check. Two 16" size 4s? Check. Size 4 dpns? Check. I did eventually manage to find a 40" size 4 hiding with the big needles in my (dis)organizer. The vest is knit back and forth, so the extra length doesn't matter. But I'm really perplexed about why the hell I have a 40" 4. Oh, crap. I should remember to pack a cable needle, too.

Poor Nancy is experiencing some pre-Olympics bad luck. She can't get gauge on her socks (Cashsoft doesn't LOOK much thicker than Koigu), she just realized we're missing the Madrona Fiber Arts retreat, she can't even go to the market because she has to work this weekend, and she forgot to officially sign up for the Knitting Olympics. I'm thinking that, as in theatre, a rough final dress rehearsal means a brilliant opening night. Go, Nancy! Rah, rah, rah! (And if the thought of me as cheerleader doesn't cheer you up, sweetie, I don't know what will.)

I'm about to go pour myself a glass of wine and do my final non-Olympic knitting for the next two+ weeks. Nancy mentioned that the pictures of the dogs lounging, or looking remotely calm, are false advertising. I'd hate to mislead anyone about the true nature of cow dogs, so here's an absolutely typical scene from the dog park. Stella is obsessed, and Chloe is barking.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment about Inox needles. I picked some up and am happy with their pointy-ness. It will make those P5tog bastages easier to bear.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woof! Woof! Woof!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home