Thursday, September 07, 2006

In Progress

For your entertainment, here are pictures of those sweaters I mentioned yesterday (so you can see why they seem so eternal).


Carpathian Black Roses. That's a sleeve in progress on the left. I started with the sleeve first (for gauge), then realized I'd need to adjust the increases because it would be too long otherwise. The body is about 10 rows short of the underarm bind off and division (or steek - I still haven't decided). The pattern on the top of the sweater is like the pattern on the bottom of the sleeve. I'm grateful for that, because I'm completely sick of knitting those little crosses.

Trent's sweater. This is the Schoolhouse Shetland Pullover by Meg Swanson from Knitting in America. My fingers are in the picture because otherwise the edge curls up and it looks like I haven't done anything at all. I have to knit 4 more curly pattern repeats before anything else happens.

Oh, and because it was nearby when I was taking pictures, here are two batches of roving that I immersion dyed. They were supposed to come out complementary so I could ply them together, but that didn't work out so well. The pink dispersed rather more than I expected (and was pinker, too).

About dogs
Perkster: Logan did have a special wedding outfit, but he took it off for the reception. Our dogs have too much dignity to get dressed up. (Well, not really, but they do have sharp teeth, so I'll grant them some dignity.)

Chloe and I went to the vet this morning to have some more money extracted. This one actually wasn't too bad, but we still have no idea why Chloe sometimes yelps in pain when you try to touch her. It's possible that she's just being dramatic.

Helplessly exchanging
It was irresistable. I've signed up for the Knitter's Tea Swap.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! now /that's/ knitting! wow again. never in my wildest dreams could i acheive such gloriousness. seriously. i still have a fear of patterns and wish for the day when you are on my couch, coaching me again so that i might progress in knitting difficulty without feeling like any progression will make me weep. good luck on the chloe money path. you know p. and i feel your pain b/c we've been through the whole money extraction (and teeth!) extraction multiple times in our 12 years of loveyness. hugs!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was doing some searching online to see if I could find someone who's done the Schoolhouse Shetland Pullover, and I found a fellow Dulaaner! And someone who knows Ryan! Anyway, I was wondering how far along you'd gotten. I haven't started it, but it's a project I've had in the back of my head for a while and I'm not sure that I follow the instructions for continuing the i-cord down the sleeve. Any helpful hints or insights?

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home