Monday, July 24, 2006

We interrupt this blog for whining

A phone call, Saturday 5:36 p.m.

Hale's: Hello, Hale's Ales. This is Amber, can I help you?
Me: Do y'all have air conditioning?
Hale's: Yes, we do.
Me: We'll be right over.

Sorry about the long postless spell. It's been abnormally hot in Seattle. Now, I know people in other parts of the country regularly suffer through gross hot weather. But we don't, and we're not equipped. The average high for this time of year is about 76, so the weekend we've spent in the 90's is killing us.

I spent huge chunks of yesterday afternoon in the garage, which was the coolest room in the house (dark, concrete floor), processing the fleece Jon sent me. I'm flick-carding it open, which means that for about 1.5 hours of carding, I get maybe 45 minutes of spinning. Working with raw fleece is frustrating - you work and work, spin and spin, and you don't really make an appreciable dent in the supply. While in theory it's nice to have a bottomless bag of wool, it would be nice to see some progress...

Meanwhile, I finished my Wool Peddler's shawl last week. Here's a blocking picture, since it's been way, way too hot to model.

I'll resume and wrap up the travelogue later this week when temperatures (hopefully!) return to normal.

5 Comments:

Blogger Camera Obscura said...

Seen the news from here-bouts?

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have air. Ya'all come!

Shawl is gorgeous. I'm drooling on the keyboard.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber? Really?

Lorims

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

more london! stat. : )

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the shawl :o)

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home