Friday, July 06, 2007

More sewing

The valance and pillows that I made arrived chez Camera Obscura and are now deployed in the niece's room. (The walls are going to be repainted red, which will make the valance look better.)

In the last couple of days, I've pieced a screamin' bright baby quilt. (Worth noting in regards to the baby quilt: I am not pregnant, nor do I have any plans to become pregnant. But people around me keep having babies, and small quilts are fun to make without a lot of commitment.)

I've made Trent a shirt:

I've made a skirt for me:

I've also been slowly working on a big quilt for our bed. The cats were extremely helpful during the part of the process where I laid out blocks to decide on an arrangement.

I continue to be madly, deeply in love with my Bernina. The buttonholes rock, and it sews on buttons (which don't come off when you pull a thread, unlike commercial garments).

Vacation is wonderful. I really don't want to go back to work.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good god, woman. do you sleep?!

amazing work, as usual. please, please teach me to sew skirts and simple clothes that fit when i see you.

and i want to quilt when i am settled back in the pnw.

miss you and t. terribly. soon, i hope, i'll sit at your table and we'll toast with tepid tap water.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Love the quilts!!! They are just beautiful. Can't wait to see the one for your bed finished. The shirt and skirt turned out wonderful too!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home