Monday, March 10, 2008

Retinas beware

The eye-searing pink shawl is finally off the needles, and loose in the wild.

(No dogs were harmed while taking these pictures.)

I haven't blocked it yet, because I don't know where the hell I'm going to do that.

Real pattern name: Spider's Web Shawl fromVictorian Lace Today. This is the full hexagon, knit out of Karabella lace weight mohair, a gift from my lovely friend Lori. It's brighter in person, if you can believe it. I wish I had been able to knit more of the floofy border before I bound off, but I was scared of running out of yarn. I also wish I had the warm glow of finishing satisfaction, but with blocking still ahead...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Beautiful! The pink is so pink that I didn't even notice the dogs at first. I'm looking forward to when you have it blocked.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home