Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Seeing spots

Look! Shiny pictures!

Here's a shirt I've been working on. (I haven't bought buttons yet). The pattern is made with Bernina's MyLabel software. It looks like a couple of my measurements are a bit off, because it bunches up at the back of my head. However, the bust and sleeves fit really well. Here's why:

It's 3-D. It allows for my mighty blessedness. Yay! I'll try for a modeling picture after I get buttons. Also, I'm supposed to put some ruffles on this, since nominally it's a sample for a demo I'm doing next month at the Quilting Loft. Hmm. Maybe around the collar and cuffs? I don't know if I can face ruffles running down my chest or around my butt.

Meanwhile, I'm slowly inching along on the Carolina Crossroads quilt. Here are a couple of my stars for Part 6. I've been insanely working a ton lately, plus I've turned my attention back to garment sewing, so this has been languishing. I've got to get back to it while I still know where everything is.


Awww.
It's a notable anniversary for Trent and I. Today is the 10th anniversary of our first date.

A plea for a good cause


Bernie is currently in 2nd place, and stands a really good chance of winning the big prize and building a shelter. However, some of the other groups (all worthy causes, I know) are picking up steam. The contest runs through Jan. 31. It's the number of donors that counts. If you can spare $10, please please donate to Bernie's cause to help animals who otherwise wouldn't have a prayer. I'm lucky (and my sweet Chloe and Stella are, too) to live in a part of the country rich in well-funded animal rescue groups. Bernie's not, and the animals in her neck of the woods really need her.

And finally, leave a comment
My pal and reader Linda K informs me that she's been unable to leave comments. If you can leave a comment, please do so. If you can't, shoot me an email at mkmorrow (at symbol) yahoo dot com.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Nice dots. :-)

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I can leave a comment! Love the blouse! :D

5:44 AM  
Blogger PICAdrienne said...

I like the dots without ruffles. I am not sure that the dots want ruffles. What about a detached sash, with ruffles, to model with the blouse? Is that an option?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Camera Obscura said...

Must agree w/ above comments -- blouse material is too busy for ruffles. But if you HAVE to, just the cuffs. Not even the collar.

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ruffles on cuffs only!

Lorims

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home