Sunday, February 10, 2008

The dog came over the mountain

Meet Kidd
We have a new foster dog. This is Kidd, who arrived today from the Wenatchee shelter. (We don't love the name. The shelter was apparently naming all their dogs after pirates for awhile.)

We don't know a lot about him or his background. So far, he's been an absolute doll. He rode home on Trent's lap. He seems to only want to be petted and adored. When we brought him home, there was a great deal of sniffing among dogs, and then everyone settled right in. Kidd loves to have his head scratched and his belly rubbed, and it's also pretty obvious from his layer of pudge that he loves his chow. We'll work on that.

Kidd is available for adoption through Rescue Every Dog. Right now, a lot of the dogs that R.E.D. is taking in are from eastern Washington. They're buried under snow over there, and dogs continue to come into the shelters even if people who want dogs aren't. A couple who work with Seattle Purebred Rescue made a trip in order to bring over a batch of Siberian Huskies who had been seized from a (fortunately no longer in business) breeder, and they brought a few dogs for R.E.D., including our Kidd. Animal rescue people are good folks.

He's pretty darn adorable and well-behaved, so I'm betting it won't take too long for him to be adopted.

Meanwhile
I think I'm going to live. According to the doctor, I had (have?) really bad bronchitis, not flu. He said I'd feel worse if I had the flu, which I find difficult to imagine. I spent the entire week at home, not venturing out except to the doctor until Saturday. I'm still feeling seriously wheezy and full of phlegm, but I'm no longer having the all over body aches, so I guess I'm mending.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger dhoop kinara said...

get well soon...got bronchitis last winter...was bad...doing great now

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm just waiting for the blog post about a sheep in your living room... seriously, i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. ; )

i feel your pain. been sick more days/weeks than not since august. call me when you're more alive and we'll get crafty or something.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks really sweet, and I'm glad he's getting along with the girls. Hope you feel better soon, and we'll see you on Friday.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Camera Obscura said...

Gawd, isn't he cute!

It's taking everybody around here a month and a half to get over this winter's bronchitis. It took Orchestra Director longer, because he was trying to do too much and wouldn't slow down for it.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home