Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Blurgh.

Ugh. I'm sick. I think I may have the flu. I don't think I've ever had the flu before - every other kind of respiratory crud known to medicine, but not the flu - so it's at least an event.

We had a lovely weekend getaway to Vancouver BC, where we walked, ate, and shopped. We came home on Sunday in time to watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet before switching over to that other bowl for the fourth quarter. We probably would have stuck with the Puppy Bowl, but Pedigree was a sponsor and they were consequently showing a really heartbreaking "adopt a shelter dog" commercial. It made me cry every single commercial break. (Go ahead. Click on the link. Watch it. You'll see.) After a couple of repeats, we had to start flipping the channel during the commercials.

Anyway, since Sunday night I've basically been bed- and couch-ridden with the ick. I've now completely lost my voice, which is driving me crazy. I'm going to try to get in to see my doctor tomorrow, since at this point it's not looking like it's going to get better on its own.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry you had the crud. TMK and I had the flu many years ago, and it was so bad we STILL talk about it.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Lyssa said...

Boy, that commercial is a tear-jerker! The last time I went to a dog shelter, I ended up adopting a dog for my parents, because he looked at me like that.

Hope you feel better soon!

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's some nasty flu at the schools and also work places. they might be able to help you, but you know the best thing is to stop watching sad tv and to drink lots of vitamin water and sleep as much as you can. make trent cook you soupy. : )

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snookums - rest, stay warm, drink lotsa liquids - it's the same ol' saw no matter whatta you got - unless it turns bacterial and then you end up taking things. The hoopsnargles are safe in their little sealed wrappers for you. I have to leave for a 12-day odyssey on Thursday at o'dark thirty so let me drop them off to your mailbox before then, eh? Or is your mailbox a non-drop-offable type?

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home