Sunday, February 12, 2006

Olympics: Day 3

I'm motoring along on my Olympic project. I don't know if I made enough progress this weekend to compensate for how little knitting time I'll have during the week, but we'll have to see. Incidentally, the ugly gray thing under the vest is my back support cushion - very important for extended couch time.

So far, no problems. I went out and bought Super Sticky Post-it notes today to help me keep track of all the damn cable charts. I'm on my second ball of yarn, and I'm a little concerned that I'll run out. I'm going to try to go to The Fiber Gallery tomorrow and see if I can turn up another skein in the same dye lot.

Dorothy reports (in yesterday's comments) that she's resolved her gauge issues. (Also in yesterday's comments, Dorothy and her old friend Kathleen rediscovered one another on the internet via the Knitting Olympics. Awww...) I haven't heard from Nancy or Jamie regarding their progress, and Avril generally doesn't believe in sporting events, so I don't think she's concerned.

In regular life, I'm feeling slightly headachy, grumpy, and out of sorts. Allergies? End of the weekend? Too much television? Who knows. Maybe it's my irritation that they're broadcasting curling (which I think is super-cool) overnight.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Fiber Gallery?? AIIIEEEEEE!! I sense a trip to the Rosewood coming up....

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dorothy reporting that while the gauge was working out for the body, the ribbing was just too small. So I ripped it all out and started again. Cast on extra stitches for the ribbing, decreased them properly for the body and all is well. I had about 8 inches done, now I only have four, but hey, at least the end result will fit. I am inspired by Shaun White who overcame a disasterous qualifying run and finished with full glory.

Isn't it wild that I would get in touch with an old friend after 29 years on opening day and we were both participating in the olympics? it's not like we knit together in high school or anything. who'd a thunk it? (Hi Kathleen!)

8:20 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Mongrain said...

Awesome progress! It's looking so good!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goal for the olympics was not a single item, but rather 23 individual items (some are pairs, but counting them as indivual pieces makes it seem like so much more!) I have 3 completed.

Yesterday I got derailed from my yarn projects as I prepared 16 photo gathering packages for my mom's 70th Birthday gift (a Then and Now photo album) Off to the post office today to mail them out.

Hi, Dorothy! BTW, my sis says hi, too! She found our reunion to be almost mystical! hehehehehe

10:43 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

DH - Sweetie-pie, I don't see how one little skein of yarn possibly equals anything at the Rosewood guitar.

Kathleen - Good heavens! Are you trying to complete 23 things that were already started, or is this 23 things start to finish?

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

23 things total... but things like baby booties and baby hats and wound warmers for soldiers... booties work up quick for me and I can make a pair in an hour or so. And a pair of booties is two items! :)

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home