Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Busy = bad blogger

Bwak! Bwak!

It's been a whirlwind. I had to be at work early both Friday and Saturday. Saturday night we went to see Jolie Holland (with opener Sean Hayes, who was a delightful surprise) at the Triple Door. Our friends Sam and Eugenia were in town and went with us. (Sam owns a business that makes a very cool camera accessory, and Eugenia is the painter responsible for the wild and beautiful paintings that appear in some of my household pictures.)

Sunday, I frantically graded papers so I could submit grades for graduating seniors, and we prepared for more houseguests. Monday, we wandered around Seattle with our guests, I graded some more, and we cooked a lovely dinner.

Today, I'm giving another final exam, grading more papers, and going to see Amadou and Mariam at the Showbox.

Crafty stuff

I finished 8 oz of Crown Mountain corriedale pencil roving in the color "Silver Fox." It doesn't photograph well, but it's a subtle mix of gray, lavender, blue, and some other surprising colors. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. It's about fingering weight, and (I think) about 700-800 yds (though I've been too lazy to figure it out exactly). I could make a simple shawl, or two pairs of socks, or something else entirely.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really pretty yarn. Socks would be awesome! Hang in there. Grading must be about done. ((((hug))))

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home