Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thank you Secret Pal!

Package!

I received a lovely and delightful package from my secret pal today. Everything was inside this very cool hatbox:

Inside, 2 skeins of sari silk yarn, a sheepie tape measure, a bar of very French and very lavender soap, and a pretty card.

I'm excited to try the silk yarn. I seem to remember a pattern for a mitered bag made out of it in a magazine (Interweave?) a couple of years ago, so that's a thought. Or maybe a fabulous scarf/stole with dropped stitches to show off the yarn?

Meanwhile, I just sent my pal some soaps from The Alchemic Dragon. Goodness, there's yummy stuff there. I was hard pressed not to order all the tea soaps for myself. Mmm, chai.

Knitting? What's that, again?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is gorgeous. Can't wait to see it made up.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice package! Yes, I do think I'm funny. Knitty has a good pattern for a mitered bag. I knit it up, but made the sides a little taller than the pattern called for. I love that bag.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did it! I really knitted a sock--guy variety. It even looks like a sock! Happy dancing.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home