Monday, May 29, 2006

Crofter's is finished

Crofter's Slipover

Pattern: Crofter's Slipover from Folk Vests
Yarn: Rowanspun 4-ply, purchased on closeout from Elann (using my happy birthday gift certificate from mom - thanks, mom!)
Modifications: I added two pattern repeats to make it big enough because the yarn I used is finer than what the pattern calls for.
Pictures: My deck. I picked the pictures where I looked the least dorky (yes, some of them are dumber looking than these).

The last half week in review
I've been a blog slacker.

Thursday: Work, taught night class, got home at 10:45

Friday: Faculty development day. I had at least 45 minutes in which I profoundly wished I was somewhere else - and that was in spite of the fact that I had knitting to console me. Lunch (pizza buffet in Auburn) made me profoundly ill. Got home at 5, crashed. Trent dug me out at 7, and we went to Melissa's birthday party, where he was playing. I drank lots of water.

Saturday: We went for a long hike around Discovery Park with Stella, and I forgot to take the camera. Bad blogger, bad blogger! I took a shower and fell asleep instead of making it over to Ryan's for the Dulaan knitting. Oops. Then I stayed up late to finish the last ribbing and sew in the ends of Crofter's.

Sunday: I hung out with Nancy and Dorothy in the afternoon and started the Wool Peddler's Shawl from Folk Shawls. We had dinner with our Danish friends who will soon be moving to Toronto. We tried to convince them that Toronto was full of dangerous polar bears and lacked running water, but I don't think it worked.

Today: I slept in. We're toddling around the house in a sleepy fashion. We're going to take Stella to the Arboretum for a stroll here in awhile, and then I'm going to try to make it to Ferals this evening.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vest looks amazing. Great job.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo on the right is great! Not that there's anything wrong with the one on the left, but...er...hey, have you seen the photo on the right?

And the vest looks amazing, too, although after seeing you (and it) at Ferals last night, I am one of the lucky few who knows how much more beautiful it is in real life! Thumbs up!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore your vest, you did a fantastic job with it - congrats! The colors are so great, and it seems to fit you just perfectly!
You sure had a busy last week, at least the latter half of it, so the sleepingh in thing on Monday must have come in very handy - you certainly deserved that!

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home