Thursday, June 01, 2006

Exciting news



The divine Vickie's latest book has started appearing in book stores and knitting shops, despite the fact that the release date is still about 3 weeks off. It's a fun and fabulous book, designed like a high school yearbook and full of cute and surprising patterns. I'd like it in any case, but...

I have a pattern in there!

I'm responsible for the goth offering, the Bat Shawl. I can't begin to explain what a kick it was to see my name and my pattern in print.

Walks

We did in fact make it to the arboretum on Monday. I'm ashamed to say that I've lived in Seattle for 6 years, and this was my first trip to the Arboretum (and Saturday was my first exploration of Discovery Park). It's a lovely place to wander around and admire the plants.


Meanwhile, Trent and I are busy planning our trip to England and our ramble in Yorkshire. We've booked B&Bs in both London and York (yikes! the exchange rate is killing me!). We had been planning on walking the Dales Way from Ilkley to the Lake District, but we found a British Footpath Guide by reasonably local author Richard Hayward for the Three Dales Way, which includes more villages and therefore more pubs. It's looking like a better choice since it doesn't include anything like 17 mi. walking days without services.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wo-how! Congrats for having your pattern published - now that's truly exciting news, you're going to get famous! Go girl, that's really awesome!
Your trip to the Arboretum seems to have been so much fun, I love the gorgeous pics you shared, there must be such a lot of beauty around!

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

York--

There's a great bookstore right opposite the Minster called "Minster Gate". I blew some cash there and am currently regretting not splashing out for some of their wonderful Rackham illustrations of Shakespeare.

Everyone knows where Betty's is. It's a tea shop/restaurant/bakery that's something of a local and tourist institution--the baked goods are *wonderful* and I'm betting their teas are great. I picked up a chocolate orange quickbread in their bakery and had it for breakfast several days running.

Had a lovely dinner at a restaurant called the Sanctuary something or other.

You will, of course, walk the city walls, because how could you resist?

And the Bar Convent has a lovely hidden chapel, a priest's hidey hole, and a guesthouse with very inexpensive rooms.

And nuns!!

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your publication! Way to go! Now, when you get rich and famous.. be sure to remember us little people..

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my boss bought the teen knitting book for me today--of course, i popped it open and said proudly, "my friend who taught me to knit made this!" doing the teen knit workshop next thurs. : )

you're going to make me cry if you keep posting pics of all those green and comforting plants. it is terrible here re. heat and plants. spring was two days long and it's been summer ever since. the canna lillies are blooming now. yes, it's that hot. like august in the pnw, only worse. god help me (and the plants) (and p.)

hugs from fucking arkansas!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home