Monday, September 11, 2006

Oh frabjous day

A present! My super-cool ex-secret pal Valerie sent me gorgeous yarn. It's three skeins of Sundara Yarn sport weight in the color Berry Stain. I love it. I want to pet it and hug it and call it George.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I have 675 yds, sport weight. I think I'll admire it for awhile, then wind a ball and swatch and see what it looks like knit up.

(By the way, go visit Valerie's blog to see what she's doing with my handspun. Wow!)

In other knitting news, I'm starting the Christmas season. Eek. I bought yarn for socks for a family member (who shall remain nameless until after Christmas), and I've started thinking about what else I want to do.

I spent most of Sunday working on an insanely bulky Dulaan avalanche sweater. It goes very fast at 2 stitches/inch, but damn, it's like wrestling to knit with that stuff. Pictures (and extremely informal pattern) to follow when I finish.

The dog news
We still don't know what's up with Chloe. She still yelps if you try to pat her right hip. Gentle stroking while she's on the couch is acceptable. She's moving just fine, and seems perky and happy (except when yelping in distress).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"and call it george..." you're so funny. and my age. : )

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looked like a "James" to me.

Poor Chloe. What does the vet say?

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Reid P said...

Greatt blog you have here

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home