Sunday, January 07, 2007

Last day of vacation

I could use another week. My schedule at work is going to be hellish for the next two months, and thinking about it makes me want to huddle under the covers.

St. Distaff's Day spin-in
I headed up to Mountlake Terrace yesterday for the St. Distaff's Day spin-in that NWRSA (Northwest Regional Spinners' Association) puts together. Peggy and Rebecca encouraged me to turn up with my Betty Roberts' wheel so we could have a little block of them for people to admire. They did. I spent a lot of time explaining how it worked. I was there from just after 10 to sometime after 3, and even deducting time for shopping, I did a lot of spinning. My pictures did not come out well, but here are two blurry shots that give you a sense of what it's like to be in a gym with 150 or so spinners. That's the view to my left and to my right (where you'll see TMK's hands. I feel so proud to have had a small part in sucking in another victim).


Knitting progress
I've finished the knitting on the baby sweater, and just need to block it and sew on buttons. I'm still chippping away at Trent's green Fleece Artist sock 2 and my red Wensleydale sweater.

Walking
I did one mile with Chloe after I got home yesterday. Nancy's coming over today with her dog to keep me company, so that should be another 3-4 miles.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a hoot! And just remember, if your schedule gets too hectic, I'd be happy to mark all of those papers for you.

Hee!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

Well. That was my comment but I'm now "Anonymous". Blogger has done that to me twice in the last month and I was even sober too, so it's very annoying.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home