Friday, July 11, 2008

My job is cooler than your job

I can't stop giggling. For various reasons which are difficult to recreate, I set out to make a very silly apron as a work project. Here's the result modeled by my lamp:

It's reversible!

Check out that amazing rolled hem (which I did with a sewing machine, not a serger):

I even created the martini embroidery design from scratch. If you embigify, you'll see that the pink fabric has tiny martinis. This, friends, is the joy of working at a sewing store.

Tour de Fleece
I've been hard at work spinning. I plied. Here's 3 3/8 oz, about 700 yards:

I tried to take a close up, but my photography skillz are lacking. It now has a baby brother skein (I had too much singles [too many singles?] to ply onto one bobbin) now, so I think I've spun and plied just over 4 oz. I forgot to weigh the baby skein before I washed it, and it's still wet. Please note that I already had a bobbin and a half spun when I started this challenge. But given that it took me months to do that, I'm not really sure how I'm going to produce a comparable amount during the remainder of the tour to meet my 8 oz goal. Ah, well.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooh! You can't believe what this yarn is telling me. It's saying that it is just the right color for something new for MOM. Can you believe it could be such a traitor? Love you!

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melinda:
I see that you're making progress with your Reflection Farm BLUE. It's beautiful! Hope to see it at Feral Knitters next time. I'll bring the pygora and cashmere for you to see. We'll post pictures soon of most recently completed Tour spinning.
Spinning every day for the Tour is certainly a challenge. Today we clean house, do laundry, grocery-shop, cook ribs on the BBQ, and host dinner for the sons and their respective spouse. Fun times, but how to fit in the compulsory spinning?
Peggy ;}

8:01 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Not only do I love the yarn like every one else but I just LOVE that apron!!!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home