Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hit and run blogging

Oy. It's been busy (but strangely, not the sort of busy that generates good blog stories).

The scene in my house last night:

That big pile of aqua by Stella is a nearly completed Dulaan sweater. I just have the neckband to go.

Tea
I'm participating in the Knitter's Tea Swap. I took pictures of our tea set up to post on the KTS blog. I think we may have a little tea problem.

Almost all of this is 2-deep. The white bags come from the Teacup, source of all goodness.

Our much loved tea pot.

The other stuff. This is a very deep cabinet, so there are boxes of bagged tea behind the visible boxes. The sheep canister houses the Kenya Mountain black tea that we drink for breakfast.

Birds watching
When I stumbled out of bed Wednesday morning, I heard a mysterious clatter on the roof. In my hazy state, I thought maybe burglars had somehow climbed up my 3-story townhouse. Then I thought maybe I had squirrels in my attic, like my poor mom did. Eventually, I looked up at the right moment and saw a crow looking down at me through the skylight in the bathroom. I wonder what they think of us?

9 Comments:

Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

I think my stash is worse than your stash... http://knittersteaswap.blogspot.com/2006/09/my-slightly-insane-stash.html

But yours looks good :)

1:24 PM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

I'm pretty sure my mother has squirrels in her attic too. So to speak.

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, watch it!

You are in serious trouble if you CARE what a crow thinks first thing in the morning! Have some tea.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, so i do not understand the tea thing, but you knew that... i suppose it's like yarn and guitars for you guys: it just multiplies b/c you love it so. : )

i miss the crows and wish i had some in my yard. they are probably wondering where you keep the snacks. that, or they're picking tasty things out of your gutters to be nice and helpful, you know.

hugs! who knows...maybe if i'm without all my comforts long enough and suck down all the coke and coffee i can stand, i'll stop rotting my teeth and try out some tea. i know who to call for the finer points powerpoint show!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I'll have to check out the Teacup. I've seen it on Queen Anne but never stopped in! Great to see another Seattle tea swapper :)

11:45 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

wow! you are so organized!! I am envious of the neat stash. thanks for the link to Teacup, its great.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Camera Obscura said...

I'm not worrrrrthy....

Like I told you, I occasionally buy something that sounds tasty, but when I want some tea, my tastebuds just demand my cheap old Tetleys (the Brit blend, not the nasty American stuff.)

#2 and Daughter love a cuppa something herbal or decaf when they come home from school during the cold months, so fruit teas are well-received around here.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our faves: London Fog from Village Yarn, the Empress from Murchie's in Canada, and the English and Irish breakfast teas from Trader Joe's. We thought supermarket tea was fine until we tried the Trader Joe's stuff. Who knew tea was actually supposed to have flavor?

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: squirrels in the attic. We solved that problem by adopting them as pets. See my September 9 post www.kmkat.typepad.com

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home