Sunday, November 26, 2006

Quick, while there's power...

Our power was just out for about 2.5 hours. Not too bad, and I discovered that I can knit and spin by candlelight. I'm glad I don't have to do it very often, but it's doable. It snowed today, and I'm guessing the power outage was related to downed trees or branches.

Thanksgiving
There was turkey.

There was company.

A good time was had by all. I ate too much. We have a pile of leftovers.

Knitting
I finished the handspun mittens. They're too small for me, so destined for Dulaan. The hats in this picture are for the Soaring Eagles Project. The gray & burgandy one is Dale Falk (superwash), and it grew and grew and grew when I washed it. I'm going to try running it through the washing machine and the dryer before I send it off.

I also made a hat that is, potentially, a Christmas present for one of my nephews, but I have some doubts about styling and size. Trent models here. (Worth noting: Trent's head is really big, the better to hold his big brain. This hat is totally normal looking on me.)


Whining
I completely, totally don't want to go back to work tomorrow. I'm hoping for further snow or power outages.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, i miss those smiling faces...we MUST have a dinner outing with the old gang in jan. to celebrate the survival of the perkiest. some of us had to work sat. and sun. so those people are seriously envious of your four day holiday. my power went off in the morning to show its support of your "snow day" i guess. miss you!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Right there with you on not wanting to go back to work. I like my job. but long weekend SOOOO NICE...

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in love with the mittens. Hmm, I have some dark red and oatmeal wool worsted... more mittens for Dulaan! Maybe my pair and your pair will meet someday on a lonely Mongolian plateau.

"Separated at birth?!?"

"Couldn't be, I was born in Seattle."

"Oh, yeah? I'm from Wisconsin."

(simultaneously) "Sistah!!"

10:08 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Mongrain said...

I'm glad to hear your experiences commuting home were only near death and not death. I too am taking a SNOW day!

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This from the woman who "hates snow"???

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home