Monday, November 06, 2006

Radio silence

I apologize to my [probably few] remaining readers. Things got a little nutty between the end of the academic term, a visit from my parents, and the beginning of the new term. They haven't quite calmed down yet.

My parents came to visit for a week and got typically crappy weather. First it was abnormally cold (for Seattle) and clear, then we had several days of Biblical downpour. While they were here, we:

Went to Pike Place Market
Did the Underground Tour
Drove around the UW campus
Went to a Feral Knitters meeting
Cooked many yummy dinners

And I didn't take any pictures. Not a one. Bad blogger!

Now I'm letting chaos reign again in my household, and trying to get my act together for the new term. Tomorrow I have my first meeting with a composition class with 36 students. Eep. (To those of you unfamiliar with my job situation; no, I don't have a TA to grade my papers for me, but it's cute that you asked.)

I've been spinning and knitting up a storm. I don't have pictures of that, either. I'm blaming that on the dark gloom.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rabbitch said...

Oh, send the papers on up here. I'll grade 'em for you. For free.

Even though a) I don't have a degree and am in fact pretty damned uneddicated and b) anyone who says "assbeagle" gets an automatic A.

Hrm. Maybe not.

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you're survivin'! missed your bloggin'. still dirt i'm a kickin'... : )

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a TA for a couple classes in college, but accounting professors can make part of their test t/f or multiple choice. I'm guessing you can't do that in a composition class, right? Bummer.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home