Monday, October 23, 2006

Girs' weekend in Ellensburg

My coworker Carol invited me to her vacation house outside of Ellensburg for a girls' weekend. Sadly, I had some worky stuff to do on Saturday, so I couldn't head out until Saturday night. It was still a blast. Saturday night we ate tacos, drank many beverages, and told funny stories. I managed to knit a substantial amount on my tea cozy despite the beverages. Sunday, we went for a walk to enjoy the view (that's Mt. Ranier off in the distance in the first shot).


We also stopped to say hi to her neighbor's donkeys. Aren't they cute? I kind of want some.

There was more sitting around and doing crafts (me, knitting, others, sewing and beading), a trip into Ellensburg to visit the Goodwill and Dick and Jane's Spot. I wonder if it's weird to always have people walking around your house gawking? (Sadly, I didn't take the camera with me for this outing, so you have to go look at the pictures on the internet.)

Carol had a burning desire to make soap, and had obtained several kinds of melt-and-pour soap base, various colorings and seasonings, and some molds. Here we see my two best efforts: chai massage bar (shea butter soap base, ground oatmeal, and a packet of Celestial Seasonings Gindgerbread Spice tea) and a peach scented flower bar.

Then I drove home and resumed grading.

3 Comments:

Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Cool weekend! And cool soap. Kind of makes up for the grading. Kind of.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Camera Obscura said...

The soaps are pretty.

The Sweet Potato Queens have a blurb on donkey-raising in their book Every Man I've Ever Loved is Married, Gay, or Dead.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so great that you got to get away /and/ be crafty! yes, the donkeys are cute. but, do they go well with alpaca? ; )

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home