Sunday, January 04, 2009

Oh snowy night...

We are not amused.

We are disgruntled, bitter, and disapproving. This wasn't in the contract when I moved to Seattle.

(There are some folks who migrated here who sometimes say things like "gosh, I miss having 4 seasons. I like winter." I am not one of those people. The normal temperature range of about 45 - 70 is just fine with me.)

Meanwhile, I've diligently continued work on one of the UFO sweaters. I've picked up for the first arm. The pattern is symmetrical both horizontally and vertically (what's the exact word for that?), so the pattern on the sleeve matches up with the pattern on the yoke. Spiffy, eh?

I'm sure the knitting gods are going to strike me down any second, though, because I've decided I know better than Meg Swansen. Her pattern has you do double decreases on the top of the sleeve. I'm doing mine on the underarm seam so they'll be inconspicuous instead of a design feature. There's a good chance that once I've painstakingly knit 20" or so of sleeve, I'll figure out why she put the decreases where she did.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda 'K' said...

Wow! Y'all are still Feral, as well as Quiltual!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

thanks for visiting my blog! And I love your sweater - I like to knit, but I don't check my tension right, so my knitting ends up tight!!! I need to practice more and get the tension right!!

And you don't have to have snow if you move farther north!! Then, it just gets to cold to snow!!!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home