Monday, May 08, 2006

Happiness followed by headaches

The good:

The lovely and delightful Karen visited Seattle last weekend. She loves it (we always knew she would) and is now contemplating moving up here. Karen, you'd be closer to the handspun yarn - first dibs.

Ryan has posted more pictures from Mongolia, further inspiring my Dulaan knitting. Even better, F.I.R.E. has decided they will definitely be continuing the project into 2007. Yay!

I'm knitting a special secret project that I should have in the mail almost in time for Mother's Day. (Hi, Mom!)

The bad:

Allergies. Holy moly, I'm a big ol' ball of snuffles.

Work. I love my students this term (really - even Mr. "Citizen Kane is too old" came around), but my employer...Oy. My corporate masters are busy making plans that will effectively reduce the independence and initiative of their faculty. Gee, that's a good idea. I get the pleasure of participating in a conference call with said-corpbots tomorrow, so I'm currently practicing biting my tongue every time I get the urge to say something like "What crack have you been smoking?" I'll let y'all know how that pans out for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate bad management.

Hey, does Karen ever do t-shirts for grownups? I've coveted some of those before . . .

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, bad management is the worst, hardly bearable...
Gosh, these allergies - as beautiful as spring is, as much a pain in the back are these snuffles and everything - do have my fingers crossed here that you'll be rid of this soon and feeling 100% well again - do take care of yourself!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home