Thursday, May 18, 2006

Socks for Mom

Now that they're in Mom's hands, I can post about them here.

Pattern: Fancy Silk Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: Hand-dyed merino by Sleeping Dragon yarn purchased from A Swell Yarn Shop at the Seattle Knitting Expo a few weeks ago.
Needles: Addi turbo size 1 (2.5 mm) circs, 2 circ method. (Patti, your former needles have now made socks)

Mom reports that they fit perfectly (I was worried). The pattern was fun to knit. I kept track of rows for once in my life, mostly because I had to anyway so I wouldn't lose my place in the pattern. I shortened the tops (as usual) by two pattern repeats and lengthened the heel flap (as usual).

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

They look so pretty. The colors are gorgeous!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Dorothy Neville said...

they are gorgeous, I love the rich subtle blue variation, just your mom's colors, yes?

reminds me that I need to get your sock books back to you.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I loooove those socks, and the pattern is absolutely stunning - such a lovely colorway you used too! So glad to hear that they fit your mom's feet - you did a truly great job!

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looooove those socks too and they're MINE! Picture doesn't show the beautiful lavender tones in them. They fit like she had one of my feet there to knit it on!
Mom

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home