Thursday, September 28, 2006

More Dulaaning

Tonight I went and visited Ryan to gather up more super bulky avalanche yarn. Her garage is still pretty overrun with boxes, and I hauled home another trash bag full of yarn (which didn't really make an appreciable dent in the supply).

I took all my current Dulaan items over to visit Ryan, hoping to reassure her that the 12,086 goal isn't totally impossible. Look, I've got 6 things, so that's really only 12,080 items left to go!

And then I came home, graded a few papers, and watched the 9:00 showing of the new episode of Project Runway. I continued work on my latest avalanche project, a sideways knit garter stitch jacket in assorted yellows. What you see here is a front and most of the back, with an opening where a sleeve is going to go.

In non-knitting news
Well, there really isn't a lot. Work has been irritating, and I'm trying not to endlessly bitch about it. Everyone there is extra-cranky this week, so there's just kind of a cloud of bitchiness floating around. Hence, I'm trying to get my work done as fast as possible and spend more time knitting, which doesn't make me bitchy or cranky.

Chloe, by the way, has made a full recovery from whatever was distressing her a couple of weeks ago.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i've seen that cloud of bitchiness! it's hovering over arkansas right now. perhaps it will dissipate soon and we can go back to being mildly perky.

knitting is clearly the solution to all stresses and ills. i must knit more. and eventually make socks and my sweater. ; )

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not worthy, and so impressed with your Dulaan production knitting.

Bitch-clouds! I get one every time some ass-hat tailgates me on I-5. Knit on, through all bitch-clouds! (updating/paraphrasing EZ)

7:47 AM  
Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Wow. You are surely the Dulaan Queen. Plus that sideways jacket looks like it's going to be cool.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Well, don't get too impressed with my Dulaan productivity. Some of these (the brown sweater and two of the hats) were knit last year, and I just forgot to mail them. Oops.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home