Sunday, September 24, 2006

Rationalizations R Us

I keep telling myself that I'm going to finish some of the WIPs before I start anything new. Really. Or, at the very least, concentrate on Christmas presents.

But I'm sure that things for charity don't count, right? I mean, it's not a project, it's a good deed. So, Friday night I used some of the cute widdle skeins of embroidery wool I got from Ryan's Dulaan wool-fest, and a skein of Galway I had in the stash, and started a corrugated rib hat. I spliced several widdle skeins together so I could knit uninterrupted. I finished it up last night. This is about 16" around, but very stretchy. If I do another one (and I think I will), I'll decrease for the top more gradually. This one is a little puckery.


The wrong side is pretty damn cool looking too.


Speaking of Dulaan, I was winding some more super-bulky yarn this morning (see above rationalization), and I realized that the yarn I used for the avalanche sweater is thicker than the yarn that came in the tidy skeins. If I can mooch another sweater's worth of yarn out of Ryan's garage, I'll refigure the pattern for 2.5 sts/inch.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this hat! You worked magic tricks with that bag full of needlepoint yarn - how incredibly clever. Can't wait to see the next, and the next...

1:26 PM  
Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

What lovely colors. I can see that your great color sense, as demonstrated in the handspun you sent me, is consistently strong!

It's nice to think it'll not only keep someone warm, but make them happy.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sense an intervention is in order....

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMAZING! I had no idea anyone could actually do anything with those little skeins. You are a miracle worker! What are the chances of your bringing the hat and sweater tonight so I can see them?

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home