Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow day

(That's the most popular post title for Seattle-area bloggers today.)

Happily, my employer decided to close today. I wasn't going to go anyway, because the roads around here are solid ice.

It took me 2 hours 20 minutes to get home last night. It wasn't as long as Supergirl's epic bus ride, but it wasn't an experience I wanted to repeat. I had nerves of steel while driving, then dissolved into hysterics as soon as I got home.

The girls loooooove snow. We went to our neighborhood park for some illicit off-leash frolicking. We met up with a guy with two beagles and a good time was had by all.

Stella thinks rooting around in the snow is the best thing ever.

I think my Merrell hiking boots are the best thing ever. My feet are warm and dry.

Between outside adventures, I spent much of the day knitting. I finished two hats (charity knitting) and worked on a Christmas present scarf. I have no idea why I choose to knit scarves. I'm always mentally done with them a foot or two before they're actually done. I watched American History X, which my film class picked. Each semester, the class gets to select one of the films for the course, and it never ceases to amaze me that they always pick serious movies. It really surprised me, in a good way. It was much more thoughtful and better made than I expected. (I don't know what I expected, exactly - more of an action movie, I guess.) I also watched some Simpsons, since some friends loaned us a box set. (I don't know which season - it's the Marge-head box.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you got a snow day! (everybody's doing it.) it was 60+ degrees here today. by thursday, it will be down to 18 or 12 at night and 30s in the daytime. oh joy. guess i'd better get some winter clothes.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home