Sunday, December 09, 2007

Mystery Quilt part 2

Mystery Quilt
I've finished step 2 of Bonnie's mystery. Here are my 103 little 9 patches (we need 100, so I have a few spares).

I found these stupidly fun to make, and stayed up WAY too late Saturday night finishing them. I'm afraid that this quilt is going to lead to yet another quilt in the same colors, because I've still got a pile of 1.5" strips that I cut, and more pieces of the fabric I cut them from. If only one of my friends would have a baby girl so I could make more pink things...

Other quiltiness
I'm making a blankie for Ryan's Baby Harris project. Originally, I was going to just sew right sides together, turn, and top stitch. But then, of course, I decided it was a delightful opportunity to practice my free motion quilting skillz (that's skillz with a z, y'all, 'cause I'm so hip). The quilting is now done, so I just have to bind it. The flowered part is a nice Anna Griffin cotton print, and the solid yellow is flannel. If you click to embigify the yellow picture, you can sort of see the quilting.

It's about 42" square (well, it's close enough to square that I don't think the baby will mind). I've got a cute coordinating stripe to bind it with. I thought about tackling that tonight, but the quilting was not so kind to my poor shoulder, and I should probably get to bed.

Knitting
I'm sloooooowly binding off the eye searing pink shawl. It's got a crocheted edging - you single crochet into a live stitch, chain 4, sc into next st, chain 8, repeat until your eyes cross from staring into the bright pink shawl. Someday I'll finish. Then I'll have to find somewhere to block it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Khris said...

Well done getting your nine patch blocks done. I am still trying to finish mine but am not really enjoying these ones...agghhh...hugs
Khris in Oz

12:50 AM  
Blogger Ginger Patches said...

Beautiful job on your quilting! I too am working on my free motion skills and leaves are next on my list to tackle. So far I've just done mostly swirly stuff. Anyway I was reading your comment on the mystery list, and I think your black looks great!

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A quilt for Baby Harris?! I couldn't be more grateful or thrilled!!

-Ryan

9:12 AM  
Blogger Feeling Simply Quilty said...

You are blasting through that mystery quilt. I can't imagine what it's going to be when it's done. An Irish chain, maybe?

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home