Sunday, September 09, 2007

Now ketchup

Oy. There was Trent's gig on Friday of Labor Day weekend (fun! successful! you should have been there!). Then I had a cold. Then I had to grade a lot. Then there was work. Ugh.

But, I did manage to sew a knit wrap dress that fits, with no pattern modifications. It fits really well - I didn't have to tug at the neckline to protect my bra all day. (Let's pretend my waist is as skinny as the dress in this picture, okay?)

I also made a messenger bag. I made up the pattern, and I'm going to be teaching a class on this at Bernina Northwest in November.

I've started another one using needle felting and the super spiffy free motion couching foot for my Bernina. This was about the most fun sewing thing ever. The lining-to-be is lost in the laundry right now, but I'm really looking forward to getting this done.

In other class teaching news, I'll be teaching a class about my Bat Shawl from Vickie's Not Another Teen Knitting Book.

The class will be 3 Wednesdays, Oct. 2, 9, and 16, from 7-9 pm at the Northgate Pacific Fabric and Crafts. We just scheduled it, so it's not on their website yet. I really hope people sign up - it's a fun and gratifying lace project (size 17 needles!) and just the thing for Halloween parties.

Incidentally, I caved into peer pressure (is spouse pressure peer pressure?) and joined Facebook. I can see that it's going to be a tremendous time-suck. But, hey, if you've joined the Borg too, add me as a friend.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home