Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A quilt, a shawl.

Here's the finalized Baby Harris quilt. I love how it went all crinkly and wrinkly when washed and dried. I tried to take better pictures, but the colors came out really strange.

The Eye Searing Pink shawl is sloooooowly working it's way off the needles. Here's 1/3 of the stitches in their bound-off state. I think Janine at Ferals was right - this sucker is going to be huge. I like how it appears to be oozing menacingly off the couch in this picture. It's coming for you, and your little dog, too.

I'm anxiously awaiting the next clue for the mystery quilt. Meanwhile, it has begun to dawn on me that perhaps I should do something about, oh, you know, Christmas - that big holiday coming up where one is expected to produce presents for one's friends and family. Huh. I guess I'd better get on that.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Camera Obscura said...

The baby quilt is adorable! The striped binding looks really good.

So, I take it you've no plans to ship things ahead to MO?

4:36 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Plans? What are these "plans" of which you speak?

10:01 AM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Heh, thanks for the laugh about the pink shawl crawl.

I don't have a little dog, but I bet my two fully armed Siamese would be more than a match for it. :) Would that be a ... pink shawl crawl claw?

Congrats on your progress on the Quiltville mystery blocks - now aren't you glad you'd already cut some of those 1½ strips for step three?

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home