Monday, March 13, 2006

Recovering

Wow, the knitting retreat was a blast. I'm exhausted. There's no incentive to sleep when knitting, cocktails, and friends you don't see often are so conveniently close at hand.

I got some work done on Carpathian Black Roses, but I spent most of the weekend working on the Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks. I'm making them out of Hand Jive Knits Nature's Palette fingering weight. It's beautiful yarn, but the dye comes off on my fingers. I spent all weekend blue-green, and I think my needles are permanently stained. I finished one, and I'm past the gusset on sock 2.

This lace pattern is a blast to work. I ignored the instructions to work it on 3 needles and used 4 instead. It's an 8 stitch repeat over 64 stitches, so if you use a 5 needle set, you can have 2 repeats on each of 4 needles. (I like symmetry.)

We had a baby shower during the retreat, and my latest baby shower is now in the hands of the mom-to-be, Martha. I made Haiku from knitty.com out of Australian Merinos superwash wool in a fun tweedy color. Here's the finished sweater, plus a shot of my helpful assistant aiding in the seaming process.

I've got to get more sleep.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture does not do the sweater justice. I love the colors and the buttons. In a few months I'll send you a modelling picture to post.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is something magical about that little orange paw poking out from under that cat. I'm charmed.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cocktails? I don't remember any cocktails. And why do I keep finding tiny paper umbrellas all over my house?

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home