Friday, February 24, 2006

She crosses the line!

*Trumpet fanfare*

Guess what I'm doing here?


And that stitch you see on the needle?



Yup, it was the last stitch. I've already sewn in all the ends that were dangling in that picture, and the vest is blocking.

All I have left to do is buy one more button, and sew on six buttons. And I'm done done done done done. I don't want to get all snowboarder and count my victory before it's sealed, but I'm pretty confident.

The athletes in the Winter Olympics don't seem to be as prone to teary-eyed victory speeches as the Summer athletes. (During the last Summer Olympics, every time a US track and field athlete medalled, Trent or I would turn to the other and say, "You think she's going to thank god?") But, nonetheless, big thanks to Nancy for encouraging me to sign up for this madness, Trent for putting up with my fixation, and of course Stella and Chloe for contributing dog hair to the vest.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy Neville said...

WOW! Congratulations! I am confident you won't biff the method air.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

yay you!!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Mongrain said...

WOOT! YEA-HAWWWWW! *Loud Cheering* National Anthem playing...

You did it! And I do hope you keep the blog going because I'm enjoying it! That's as good a reason as any :)

Barks to Stella and Chloe!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your blog, too. :)

And what would we do without our animals giving us extra insulation and depth to our knitting??!!

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{Scott Hamilton} "Oh - she really had to work for that one - way to go, that's Gold Medal material!" How's the view from the podium?

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home