Monday, April 17, 2006

Alien landing

Thanks for all the comments about the slippers. I'm not responsible for the design - just the alienation. They're based on the Felted Furry Footwarmers in Stitch n' Bitch Nation. I made the standard slippers, except longer, and them created antennae (3 stitch i-cord) and the snouts (9 stitches in the round, k 5 rows, inc 3 evenly around, k 2 rows, inc 3 evenly around, k 1 row, bind off loosely).

I managed to swing by Joann's this morning on my way home from the dog park and get some eyes and a glue gun. How have I been living without a glue gun? Now I want to glue everything. (Here kitty, kitty.) I intended to get the slippers to the recipient today, but realized that the double-thick soles of the slippers haven't dried yet. Curses. But here they are, basking in today's fairly decent weather.


I just hope they cheer my friend up. God knows I can't stop giggling when I see them.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Mongrain said...

These are so darn CUTE!

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're "here kitty, kitty" made me laugh out loud! hahahahaha

Those slippers are awesome!

6:01 PM  
Blogger jenifleur said...

I honestly did not believe there was a justifiable reason for fun fur to exist but now I see. Your slippers are wonderful! You should post them on craftster if you haven't already, I think people there would really dig them.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great, I love the antennae. It's not often something makes me laugh at 6:50 on a Tuesday morning!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOW I know what all the fuss was about at Ferals last night! Hysterical slippers, Melinda!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from Austria! These slippers will definitely cheer your friend up a lot, they absolutely rock! Guess I haven't seen anything as cute before! Great job done!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has to be said...Fan-frickin-tastic! I have never coveted a pair of slippers so thoroughly. Where are my keys - Acorn must be open by now...

12:19 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

These are too cute to live!
I'm closing the window NOW before my kids see them and I have to make several pair....
Thanks for the smile.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home