Sunday, April 16, 2006

Holiday weekend

Friday off was lovely. I actually feel like I've had a weekend. I went and hung out with Dorothy and Zach Friday afternoon. (Dorothy, the cookies were tasty, and I'm sure the flatness was a design feature.) Zach has phenomenal powers of concentration. He sat between his mother and me as we carried on a conversation, and managed to start the shortrows on the hedgehog. Friday night, Nancy came over for pizza, knitting, and cherry lambic. She's started Sockbug's Lacy Scallop socks in some Cherry Tree Hill supersock (a VERY late Christmas present, but better late than never, right?).

Saturday would have been nicer if we hadn't had a freak hail storm in the middle of the afternoon. That's my deck.


I finally felted the alien slippers. Here's the before:


And the after:


I think the size came out right, amazingly enough. I'm distraught because I didn't think to go on googly eye quest yesterday, and since today is Easter, I suspect I'm outta luck. Aargh.

I'm in the gusset of sparkly pink sock #2. This project hurts my right thumb. I don't know if it's the 2 circs menthod, the extra-firm gauge, or just my tendency to work on them for long stretches of time. Hmmph. I'm going to try another pair with the 1's I got from Patti, and see if different (slightly bigger) yarn makes a difference.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. my. God. Those slippers are hilarious!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Dorothy Neville said...

I love the way the snout turned out. Did you make this up or use a pattern?

What kind of googly eyes are you looking for? the plastic ones with the black disks inside that move around? If so, and you desparately need them today, I have two 1 inch diameter and dozens of half inch diameter ones. Hot glue gun them on?

You are welcome to them, but there are probably better solutions, ones that can be sewn on.

Zach finished the front half of the hedgehog last night and today is picking up stitches for the back. I can't believe he could follow all those short-row instructions with us yacking away either.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd like some monster slippers in pink, please. i have a plethora of googly eyes to adhere to them. miss you, silly girl. ; )

2:06 PM  
Blogger My Five Sons said...

I can't even think words to desribe these! They are fantastic,
Where did you find the pattern?
And if you have been clever in making them up, well done!!!!!!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those slippers are way cool. Good job.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home