Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Blogiversary!

It's my blog's birthday. Today would be a lovely day for everyone to leave a comment. In fact, as incentive, sometime Thursday morning I'll draw the name of one lucky commenter and send them a delightful skein of handspun yarn (enough for socks or a scarf). I suppose if the draw-ee is a non-knitter, I can convert the yarn to a knitted item.

I finished a baby sweater in the nick of time for a shower yesterday. Truthfully, the knitting and blocking was done over a week ago, but the buttons went on at the last possible moment.


Pattern: Ann Norling top-down raglan, with seed stitch and collar by moi.
Yarn: Madil wool/acrylic blend, 4 skeins

The parents-to-be loved it, and there was a gratifying amount of cooing at the baby shower.

A good husband
Trent watched me mope on Saturday, and ordered me to take myself down to Tacoma and visit the marketplace for Madrona Fiber Arts. I saw lots of people, bought lots of roving, and was generally glad I went. Everyone I know who took classes said they were great, so next year I'm going to try harder to fit some classes in.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy blog-day! : )

i'm so glad you started your blog. and, i know you didn't even do it just for me. but, since i live on another planet now, it's so nice to see pics and hear about Home.

the sweater is so much cuter in person, people! it's light green and so darling that my first reaction was "i want one". cute!

that reminds me: i really do want to make you coolio buttons for such projects. i had an idea on the plane for a button with a single hole that would be attached by looping thread through a bead and then back through the button. sometimes, i'm too creative for my own good...

love from the S.!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Mongrain said...

How did I miss you on Saturday? I'm so sad! Happy Blogoversary! I'm glad you started a blog as I enjoy reading your thoughts.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogoversary! I didn't go to Madrona and thought to myself: "at least I'm in good company". I wondered what that strange echo was.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Happy bloggiversary!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Happy birthday, blog -- I hope you have cake and candles and lots of friends come by to wish you well!

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogaversary! The little sweater is darling.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy Blogaversary!!! Hope it is a great on! The little sweater is just darling! Maybe I can get up the courage to do something like that. I have a good friend that is pregnant right now and that would just be up her (and hopefully the babies) alley. Glad that you got to go to the Madrona Fiber Arts Retreat! Wish there was something like that down here. There isn't even a yarn shop around without driving to TX. Oh well I guess I'll live. :) Talk atcha soon!
Kim

7:07 PM  
Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Happy Blogiversary! What a delightful little sweater, too.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Dorothy Neville said...

happy blogiversary. I really like the sweater, especially the attention to detail in the nicely done collar.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Camera Obscura said...

Happy Blogiversary, Baby Sis!

5:37 AM  
Blogger trixie said...

Happy Birthday, little blog!!

Sarah

5:49 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Way to hang in there, Melinda. Happy Blog'day. I know it takes some getting used to, being a whole year into it and all, but I gotta hand it to you for coming up with all the topics to chat about. Sorry I missed saying this yesterday -- it was crazy busy at work!
Peggy
http://yarngirlstheydogetwooly.blogspot.com/

8:36 AM  
Blogger knitmomma said...

Happy birthday little blog! May your next year be as fruitful as the last. :-)

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home