Thursday, February 01, 2007

Yarn winner, and an unhappy husband

Blogiversary random drawing

Rebecca (Supergirl) is the lucky winner! I'm sending an email as soon as I finish this blog post.

Complaints department

Dear Trent checked in on my blog sometime yesterday, after which I received the following email:
subject: snif, snif

Cuuutie pie,

It's lovely that you sung my praises on your
blog, but I'm a trifle disturbed that none of your commenters said anything
about my wholly unselfish and supportive work as a yarn enabler. I mean,
really, I would've thought there would have been at least one "Gee, Trent is
completely wonderful! You're so lucky!" Instead, silence. What
kinds of sociopaths do you have reading your blog? This is deeply
troubling.

I loooooove you,

me

Well, sociopaths, what do you have to say for yourselves?

Exciting weekend news

The fabulous Vickie Howell will be in Seattle this weekend. She's signing her latest book, Knitty Gritty Knits, at Pacific Fabric and Crafts (the Northgate store) on Saturday at 1:00. Sunday, DIY is airing a Knitty Gritty marathon from 2-8 (PST), and Vickie will be doing a live blog and chat...from my living room. Her hotel doesn't get DIY; I knew having the sattelite television so I can get it would come in handy.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, poor trent... he's a bad influence, but i know it's reciprocal. ; )

have fun with the celeb! my teens will be even more amazed by "my friend melinda who taught me to knit" when i tell them this news. /you/ are famous in arkansas.

hugs!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Camera Obscura said...

Your SIL the Sociopath is not a knitter, and therefore does not care if he aided and abetted in filling your closets with more yarn or not.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I'm married to an enabler of my own. So that didn't really jump out at me as something to comment about ;)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Rebecca Mongrain said...

Yea for me being a WINNER!

And I wanted to say...
Gee, Trent is completely wonderful! You're so lucky!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

What it is it with men that need to be praised for all the normal, ordinary things they do?? ;)

After all, encouraging you to visit your friends, the fibers, is normal and ordinary, isn't it?

Well, to keep some harmony and to make the sniffling stop for you:

Gee, Trent is completely wonderful! You're so lucky!

Of course, I could be a sociopath. You don't even know me! Muhahahahahaha!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trent's enabling must be equal to my own husband's and perhaps Linda K's husband ergo he is right up there with the good ones so we honor and esteem him!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I feel gratified now. I'll bandage the stigmata and go home to tend to the wool inventory.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Ummm, okay. So he sent you away because you were moping and he didn't want to put up with it. That's not supportive; it's self-defence. If he'd sent you when you were in a good mood and there was some really big household chore that needed to be done and he'd do it while you were away, that would be unselfish. :-)

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He knew I was a sociopath before you ever married him. Therefore, I am absolved of all guilt and pathos being thrown my way.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Trent...you did good.

Mel...I am just sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous! I can't believe that she will be right there in your living room. I was going to log in and maybe just read the blog/chat...but now maybe I'll actually participate! How lucky for you!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

I would have commented but I was stalking him, plotting his imminent demise.

*cackle*

(sociopathic enough for you? *g*)

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home