Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Handsome Triangle

Ah, the magic of blocking. It's now pretty much a triangle!

Blocking

Outside at dusk

Modeling shot

To reiterate, this is the Handsome Triangle shawl from Victorian Lace Today. It's knit from my handspun, which was made from Corriedale pencil roving from Crown Mountain Farms, in the color "Silver Fox." I started it exactly a month ago, on Jan. 21. Trent doesn't really like the color; he says it's "very Victorian", and I don't think he means that in a positive way. It's very muted for me, but I love it nonetheless. I thought I had more than the amount of yarn the pattern calls for (950 yards), but either I overestimated my yardage, or the pattern underestimates the yarn requirement. Happily, it's a design where you an stop pretty much any time and bind off. It's enormous anyway, so it's probably good that I stopped when I did.

I also finished Trent's green Fleece Artist socks.

So far, I've resisted starting anything new and have been working on UFOs.

11 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

The shawl is gorgeous -- I love how the colours undulate. I'm kind of surprised, though, at the colours in the FA socks -- I didn't think it would pool like that. I guess that's one of the things I like about knitting -- it's always an adventure! That poor dog ... the things we make them do - LOL!

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl: love it love it love it!!! The socks: what's not to love? They're green!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks muuuuuch better than it did at Ferals; you know, the Gray Blob That Ate New York look. Thumbs up!!!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

The shawl is FABULOSO, Melinda! You deserve to feel very proud of that one. A great treatment for the handspun. Plus, it looks like it'll be actually useful and cozy. I personally love the muted colors.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stella wears the sock very nicely. The shawl should be a knock-out with your ruffled gray shirt! Beautiful.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Camera Obscura said...

The shawl is beautiful. Tell Trent any more nasty cracks and you're getting a corset and wrapping the piano legs.

4:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your shawl photos are great - especially the one with all the pins! Must have taken for'ever' to pin that out, but you did a fabulous job of it. Congratulations on your spinning and knitting. A very beautiful project, indeed. :}
Peggy

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's been so long since a blog post. are you okay over there? we're hanging in over here. hugs.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - the shawl is GORGISSSIMO! (Yes, it's a word, yes I know you're a teacher). Wait'll you wear it over black, or white - then it'll really come to life. You need to get the T-man to take you to the Opera - or at least Gilbert and Sullivan!!!!

Linda "K"

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iam amazed at your creativity.. and yes the shawl is great loved the spiders web one... do you sell your stuff?... if so contact me at triple3@actrix.co.nz Cheers Uppie

12:17 AM  
Blogger Abigale said...

Oh - it's gorgeous!

I'm working on one out of my handspun as well (I got here via a google search). Mine's a *bit* more colorful than yours - but I have a long way to go before I'm finished! Great job, and thanks for showing the pictures :-)

It's really nice to see the waves that you really only get with handspun and long color repeats.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home