Monday, February 19, 2007

Just barely

I finished my handsome triangle tonight. Right now it's not looking especially handsome, or even triangular. I'll be sure to post post-blocking pictures later.

For those of you (Peggy and Rebecca particularly) who watched me fret about the yarn amount at Ferals tonight, I had JUST enough. Here's the leftovers:

It won't even register on my digital scale. That's less than a gram, y'all.

A responsible knitter would now return her attention to her many UFOs. An irresponsible knitter would start another shawl. What do you think is going to happen, hmmm?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! i'm sure it will look even more lovely upon your weary shoulders. there should be a knitty term developed for cutting it so close on yarn. you daring girl, you. : )

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will start another one--for mom? Hey, I can try.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooohhhh! So pretty! Your mom told me to check out your new shawl. It is gorgeous!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Wow, that one is beautiful even PRE-blocking. Great job! I of course vote for casting on something new :)

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you would have enough - you remember I reassured you at Feral's, so I'm relieved I was correct. Such good planning with your spinning just enough yarn! :}
Yeah, let's call it 'planning' and move on.
I say 'move on to a UFO'. It's so satisfying to finish a UFO. Ask Rebecca -- she used to have a personal rule* about it:
R's *P.R. - finish 2 UFOs before starting any 1 new project (socks don't count as a project).
It worked! She cut her UFO list down from 30-odd to a managable number.
Ask her! She'll tell you...
Peggy

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pe ~ you're so exaggerating ~ it was only 17 ufo's...
Em ~ nice piece of left-over yarn! whew. Can't wait to see it blocked!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home