Monday, April 09, 2007

From the sweatshop

Sewing
I've been in a wee bit of a frenzy. I finished two dresses:

(The gray, button-print one is MUCH cuter on me than it looks on the hanger. It requires an ample bosom.)
And two blouses:



Callie was excessively helpful while I was taking the bathroom mirror shots.

Rudy was excessively helpful during the sewing process.

I've started another blouse, but Trent demanded desk space tonight to work on our taxes, so I'm taking a night off.
Knitting
The eye-searing pink shawl has lost Most Favored Nation status, and I'm working on another eye-searing project, a sweater I'm designing for SWTC. I'd like to pretend that this shot is artfully blurry because I wanted to protect my sacred design until it's official, but really I'm just a terrible photographer.
Briscoe the foster dog
He's turning out to be a real sweetie. He thinks he's a lap dog, which is a little awkward since he's about 45 pounds and kind of gangly. That's also part of the reason I haven't been getting much knitting done. It's hard to knit when a big, clumsy dog keeps climbing on you. On the upside, we do have wonderful photo ops like this:
Trent had just cut into a freshly baked loaf of bread, and had undivided attention.

5 Comments:

Blogger Camera Obscura said...

Y'know, y'all are outnumbered now in the pooch department. You may find yourselves herded.

And we refer to the "ampleness" as "bodacious ta-tas." (grin)

5:27 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Mongrain said...

I love all your sewing projects! Lovely as are all the animals. I see the cats know how important it is to help one's owner out when sewing and working on projects.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

The orange-sashed dress is really knock-your-socks-off. You look great in those Empire waists! nice work.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Your Prolificness - you GO! I see sleep is now definitely a dream of the past, nark nark. Doggie pix are terribly cute. It's truly amazing the power of food to lift the little ears stiffly skyward!

Linda "K"

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Picture on the left)

"All together now, on 3... We all live in a Yellow Submarine..."

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home